If you love peanut butter like myself then you’ll definitely love the tangy flavor of chicken with peanut sauce. Chicken Satay is a Southeast Asian dish of season chicken strips on a skewer with peanut sauce. This dish is easy prepare and will leave your satisfied and wanting more.
Here are some of the ingredients that I used.Jump to Recipe
Chicken with Peanut Sauce (Satay)
- ~ For the Peanut Sauce ~
- 4 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon or lime, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger, grated or ginger powder
- ½ tbsp sweet chili sauce
- ~ For the Chicken Marinade ~
- 1 lb chicken breast
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic minced or garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or ginger powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- ~ Prep for the Peanut Sauce ~
- In a medium bowl, whisk together, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and peanut butter. Set aside in the fridge.
- ~ Prep for the Chicken Marinade ~
- Cut the chicken breast into strips about 1/4 thickness and season with salt and pepper. Flatten chicken with a mallet or a rolling pin.
- In a zip lock bag add the chicken and marinade sauce.
- Place in the fridge for about 1 hour so the flavors can set in.
- Drain the chicken form the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Thread the chicken onto metal skewers and on a sheet pan lined with foil and a little bit of oil.
- Heat oven to 375° degrees and place the chicken on the bottom rack.
- Cook for 20-25 mins. And serve with the peanut sauce.