In a hurry? Make some curry. This is a quick and easy recipe to make in under 30 mins. or less with just a few simple ingredients. Curry chickpeas are a healthy dish packed with rich and creamy flavors. You can serve this dish with rice, pita chips, flatbread or naan.
Enjoy! Debra Roinestad 🌿
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- optional add-ons: plain yogurt, lime or lemon slices, chopped cilantro
- Tabasco or Sriracha Chili Sauce for extra flavor
- In a large pot or pan, heat olive oil and add the chopped onions. Cook for 15 mins.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry, and tomatoes. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Add the chickpeas. Stir for 3 mins.
- Add the coconut milk. Stir gently for another 2 mins. Add extra curry powder if desired.
- Serve with white rice on the side.
- Optional Add-Ons: Serve with plain yogurt, lime or lemon slices, chopped cilantro. Tabasco or Sriracha Chili Sauce for extra flavor.