Okay, I have to admit that I love baked parmesan pretzel chicken because it is healthy and the possibilities are endless! Add the chicken strips to a salad with croutons, and you have a healthy salad. You can serve it with pasta and tomato sauce, and you have a lovely Italian dish.
Also, you can serve the chicken strips along with your favorite dipping sauce and fries on the side.
For this dish, I used dairy-free parmesan cheese and gluten-free pretzels.
But of course, you can use regular cheese and pretzels.
Here are the alternative options
Baked Parmesan Pretzel Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 cups pretzels optional: Gulten Free Pretzels
- ½ cup parmesan cheese optional: Dairy Free Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees F
- Grease a baking pan with a little bit of oil.
- Cut the chicken breasts into slices about 1 -1½ inches wide.
- Chicken breasts need to be thinned out. Use mallet and wax paper. Cover the chicken slices with wax paper and pound down to 1 " thick.
- In a blender, combine the pretzels, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and paprika. Pulse until you get a fine consistency. Place in a mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken strips (one at a time) into the egg mixture and then into the pretzel mixture. Then place each chicken strip onto the baking pan.
- Bake in the lower oven rack for 20-25 mins, or until coating is golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with extra cheese.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Example: Honey-Mustard, BBQ Sauce.
- Extra Bonus: Add tomato sauce and mozzarella, bake for another 5 mins and you have chicken parmesan.