A low-fat breakfast that is healthy and good for you. Tomatoes are packed with vitamins and minerals. Plus, eggs are an excellent source of protein.
Mediterranean Style Eggs and Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, minced or garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbs cheddar cheese or dairy free cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a small/medium cooking pan add oil and tomato sauce, leaving an empty space in between the pan for the eggs.
- Crack 2 eggs and season with garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bake eggs for about 15 mins.
- Add cheddar cheese and fresh basil. Serve hot directly from the pan.
- Optional: serve with toast or baguette