These potatoes are so yummy…it’s like love at first bite. They are a perfect weekend meal when you are busy getting other projects done. Plus, it pairs well with other main dishes. I promise you it’s a win-win.Jump to Recipe
Crispy Oven-Baked Garlic Fries
- 1 tbsp garlic powder optional, 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 450° degrees F
- Cut the potatoes into ¼ sticks
- In a large bowl soak the potatoes in cold water for 15 mins. and sprinkle salt. This helps with the crisping process because it helps remove the starch and adds extra flavor.
- After 15 mins. drain the potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the potatoes in a new bowl. Add olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to distribute all the spices.
- In a large baking sheet, add extra olive oil and spread the potatoes. Leave some space in between each potato so they can bake evenly. Place on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake for 45 mins. or until golden crisp.
- Add parsley and serve immediately. Optional: You can serve the potatoes with parmesan cheese or crumble blue cheese.