A lovely combination of tangy and sweet! This mouthwatering open face pie is easy to make. A flavorful mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries that will leave you and your guests satisfied. Enjoy!
I found this frozen gluten free pie shell at my local supermarket in the gluten-free isle. You can also find Wholly Gluten Free products at a health food store. Here is their website where you can purchase from them directly.
Wholly Gluten Free products click here.
Gluten Free Mixed Berry Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 cups mixed berries, frozen
- 1 gluten free pie shell, frozen
- Defrost frozen pie shell and mixed berries.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large saucepan, on medium heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, water, and butter until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of mixed berries and stir gently for about 2 mins. on low heat. As soon as the berry filling becomes thick, turn off the heat, and let it cool.
- Using a slotted spoon, gently scoop the berry filling into the pie shell. Leave any syrup sauce behind. The goal is not to make your pie filling watery. TIP: If you wish, you can store the berry syrup in a mason jar for up to 1 week. The syrup can used on pancakes or on top of ice-cream.
- Place the pie onto a baking sheet pan. Bake for 25 mins. or until crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 15 mins.