So when I first started making spaghetti squash I had no idea how to start. How to slice open a spaghetti squash was a complete mystery to me…lol. I would look forward to eating spaghetti squash at a favorite restaurant at the time when I lived in Minneapolis, MN. The rich and butter flavor of spaghetti squash had me captivated.Jump to Recipe
I was determine to learn to make one for myself at home. After experiment different ways to prep spaghetti squash, I discovered a super easy way of making the process go faster. I used the magic of the microwave and learned that softening the squash was the best way to enjoy making this lovely side dish.
Super Easy Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Pierce spaghetti squash with fork a few times.
- Place spaghetti squash in the microwave with a paper towel underneath or a microwavable plate for 5 mins. This helps soften the spaghetti squash and makes prepping easier.
- Using oven gloves, transfer the spaghetti squash onto cutting board and let it cool for about 5-10 mins.
- Cut the top of the stem off and slice the spaghetti squash lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and ribbing with a large spoon.
- Drizzle the inside of spaghetti squash with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to the baking sheet.
- Place the spaghetti squash face down.
- Roast spaghetti squash for 40 mins. or 50 mins. *The time will depend the size of the squash.
- Remove from the oven and use oven gloves to flip the squash upwards.
- Let it cool for a few mins. Then use a fork to gently scrape the strands from the spaghetti squash.