Please, pass the stuffing! Here is a quick and easy gluten-free recipe for Thanksgiving that will be a crowd-pleaser for all your guests and loved ones. All the ingredients are packed with savory flavors that will leave everyone asking for seconds.
Many Blessings,Jump to Recipe
P.S. I used ALEIA’S Plain Stuffing. To purchase ALEIA’S click here.
You can use any gluten-free bread of your choice. Just toast it and cut it into cubes.
Gluten Free Stuffing
- 1 box ALEIA'S box plain stuffing Optional: Use gluten-free bread, toast the bread, and cut the toast into cubes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 cup dried sweetened tart cherries or raisins
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Cut the Italian sausage into small slices. Heat the olive oil in a large non stick pan over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage for 10 minutes. Lower the heat and add garlic, sage, parsley flakes, and thyme.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the gluten-free bread cubes, dried sweetened tart cherries, and sausage in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together chicken stock and apple cider. Then add the chicken stock and apple cider mixture to the bread and sausage mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan with butter. Add the stuffing mixture to the pan. Pour the egg wash over the stuffing.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until the top is crispy and browned.