Have you been craving something crispy to eat lately? Then try homemade herb tortilla chips. A very quick and easy way to make crispy tortilla chips is by baking them in the oven.
I used Za’atar seasoning for a delicious Middle Eastern flavor.
Za’atar is a blend of savory dried herbs. The ingredients are sumac, sesame seeds, hyssop, and sea salt. To purchase Za’atar click here.
Alternatively, you can use salt and leave out the spices. What I love about this recipe is that the possibilities are endless.
Baked Herb Tortilla Chips
- 1 package flour tortilla wrap (use four tortillas) Corn tortillas are another option.
- 1 tablespoon Za'atar
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400° and cut tortillas into wedges using a knife or pizza cutter.
- Using one or two baking sheets, add the wedges. Brush with oil. Note: You can overlap the tortillas just a little.
- Sprinkle Za'atar spice and salt.
- Bake until lightly browned and crispy, about 10 mins.
Note: I used almond flour tortilla. You may use your any type of tortilla for this recipe. Serve with hummus, guacamole, salsa, or plain yogurt.