Wok this way. I have discovered a new way to make chicken fajitas and it’s super fast, easy, and fun. Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing the Wok! The wok is not just for Asian stir fry meals, you can make your favorite dishes as you would use a kitchen skillet. The bottom of the wok heats up to 700 degrees and locks in all the flavors…the food browns rapidly. Honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to a skillet after cooking chicken fajita (stir-fry) in a wok. Plus, it’s a wonderful gluten-free meal.
The wok I have been using, Gold Dragon Heritage Edition is moderately priced and does the job. But do research which wok works best for you. Just remember that when you get a new wok you must ‘cure’ it with heat and oil before using it. You can find this exact wok here at this link.Jump to Recipe
Remember to use your oven vent or open a window once you add the food to your wok. The high heat will cause a smoking effect. See youtube video here.
Also, be sure not to use a metal utensil when cooking with your wok. Use only wooden spoons to stir or tongs with a plastic tip.
Chicken Fajitas in a Wok
- 2 tbsp avocado oil NOTE: It's important to use oil that won't damage your wok. The oil has to have a high smoke point. Other oil options are sesame oil, grapeseed oil, or coconut oil. Research the best oil to use for your preference.
- 2 chicken breast, sliced into strips Optional: You can use half a bag of frozen chicken strips to save time.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into rings
- ½ cup mushrooms
- ½ tbsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tbsp Onion Powder
- ½ tbsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tbsp Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- salt and pepper
- Almond Tortillas or Corn Tortillas NOTE: I usually use gluten-free tortillas. You can use regular flour tortillas if you wish.
- Fixings for Chicken Fajitas:
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese NOTE: I use dairy-free cheese.
- Red Salsa
- Sour Ceream
- In a large bowl add the cut peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- In another bowl add the sliced chicken along with the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add avocado oil to your Wok and heat at a super high temp. about 4 mins.
- Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms and stir fry for about 3 mins.
- Add chicken strips along with the spices and stir fry for another 5-8 mins.
- Serve immediately.
Penzeys – Fajita Seasoning
Here are two of my favorite Mexican Seasonings that are already mixed and saves time.
You can find my favorite Mexican Fiesta Seasoning here in this link.
You can find Penzeys Fajita Seasoning in the link below.
For the gluten-free tortillas I used Siete Almond Flour Wraps. You can find these wraps in this link.