Pineapple and shrimp fried rice is a mouth-watering combination of sweet and salty. This is one of my favorite summer recipes that I love to make on a busy weekday. Plus, it’s fun to make and it pairs well with a crispy salad on the side.
Pineapple and Shrimp Fried Rice
- 4 cups cold cooked white rice Tip: Cook the white rice one day ahead and refrigerate overnight. Cold rice becomes more crispy inside the wok or a skillet.
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, cleaned: shells and tails removed, and deveined.
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pineapple, diced Tip: Use 1 can of pineapple to save extra time.
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- For the Rice: Set a large wok or skillet over high heat and add oil. Wait until the wok gets super hot about 3-5 mins. Add the cold white rice, garlic, and ginger. Stir for 3 mins. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce *(save the rest of the soy sauce for the shrimps, about 2 tablespoons) and 1 tablespoon of chili sauce. Stir for 2 mins. Transfer to a serving plate.
- For the Vegetables:Add chopped onions and red bell pepper to the wok. Stir for 5-8 mins. Transfer to a serving plate with the rice.
- For the Shrimp:Add the shrimps to the wok. Stir for two mins. Add the rest of the soy sauce (2 tablespoons) , add 1 teaspoon of fish sauce. Stir for another 3 mins. Transfer to a serving plate.
- For Eggs:Lower the heat on the wok. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add the eggs and stir for 1-2 mins. Add salt and pepper if desired. Transfer the scrambled eggs to the serving plate.
- For Pineapple:Drain can of chopped pineapple. Add to the wok and stir for 3 mins. Transfer to a serving plate. Mix everything well on serving plate. Serve immedately.
- Toppings: Serve with fresh chopped scallions and sesame seeds. Alternatively: Stir scallions for 1 min. in the skillet if desired. Optional: Serve with crushed peanuts or beansprouts.