Yes, cheese please! For all the cheese lovers out there…here’s a healthy side dish that’s tasty and satisfying.
Zucchini is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Here are 12 Reasons why zucchini is healthy for you by the healthline website.Jump to Recipe
Note: I used dairy-free cheddar cheese from Follow Your Heart. They are a wonderful company that has an assortment of dairy products for those that are dairy intolerant.
More about them here.
Roasted Zucchini with Cheddar Cheese
- 4 medium-size zucchini, cut about ½ inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- cheddar cheese or dairy-free cheese (Note: I used dairy-free cheese).
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees
- In a medium-size bowl toss the zucchini slices with olive oil, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the zucchini on a baking sheet with foil underneath for easy cleaning. Add a little extra olive oil if desired. Be careful not to overlap the zucchini.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of the zucchini.
- Roast the zucchini for 10-13 mins.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.